How to Throw An Elegant Halloween themed menu Dinner Party.
( Halloween Crudité )
– 2 pounds small-curd, low-fat cottage cheese
– ½ cup chopped fresh dill
– 1 tablespoon grated onion
– Salt and freshly ground pepper
– Crudités (carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, cauliflowers).
Mix all ingredients together and season to taste. Chill until ready to use. Serve in a small hollowed-out pumpkin or gourd.
Pumpkin and Split Pea Soup.
– 4 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter
– 1 medium red onion, cut into ¼ inch dice
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 Serrano chili, seedy and minced
– 1-½ teaspoons of ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 2 cups of yellow split pea, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained
– 8 ½ cups of water
– 1 (15 ounces) can sugarless pumpkin puree
– ¾ pound fresh sugar pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into ¼ inch dice
– 1-½ tablespoons of fresh-cut lemon juice
– Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
In a large pot, melt Earth Balance butter. Add onion, garlic, and chili and cook over passably high heat until the onion is modulated about 4 minutes. Add cumin and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add split peas and water. whisk broom in the pumpkin puree and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over passably low heat, stirring occasionally until the split peas are sentimental. Stir in lemon juice. Add salt and pertly ground pepper to taste.
– 10 tablespoons butter
– 1 pound fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
– 2 cups doughy cream
– 1/2 bay leaf
– 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage, plus 6 little leaves for garnish
– 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
– 2 eggs, beaten
– Salt and fresh ground white pepper
– 6 sheets, approx. 6 x 12-inches, of fresh pasta
– 1 egg, beaten softly, for egg wash
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, for dusting
– 2 cups chicken stock
– 2 shallots, chopped.
- Heat a heavy skillet over low-level heat and add 4 tbsp. of butter. When butter is foaming, add pumpkin and cook, stirring oft, until it softens.
- Transfer pumpkin to a medium saucepan, add half of the hefty cream and half the herbs, cook over low heat for roughly 30 minutes, or until the puree is thick and the liquid has evaporated. Stir occasionally. Crush any remaining lumps with a fork. Remove from heat and beat in 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Layout 3 sheets of pasta. Using a pastry dough bag or teaspoon, place 8 equal mounds of pumpkin puree on each sheet dough, about 2 inches apart. Brush about each mound with egg wash. Cover mounded dough sheets with 2nd of pasta and press about mounds to seal the dough. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter cut out the ravioli. Dust with flour and point the ravioli on it. Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil while you make the sauce.
- To ready the sauce: In a medium saucepan, trim down the stock with shallots to 1/2 cup. Add unexhausted heavy cream and reduce by half. Over low-level heat, whisk in the remaining 4 tbsp. butter, a small at a time. Strain the sauce into a cleaned saucepan and add remaining sage and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add ravioli to rapidly boiling water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. take out with a slotted spoon. Add ravioli to the sauce and bring just to a boil. Correct the seasonings.
- Divide the ravioli among heat up plates and spoon the sauce over them.
- Garnish the platter with mini spiders.
- Serve immediately.
Halloween 2020 Sugar cookies.
2 cups flour
¼ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon baking powder
½ cup butter
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
½ tablespoon vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 egg white
Few drops of lemon juice
In a mixer, beat together cream, butter, sugar, egg, brandy, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients in little amounts to the mixer then wrap up and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. heat up the oven to 400 degrees and roll out 1/3 of the boodle at a time. Roll about 1/8 inch thick and cut out with Halloween themed cookie cutters (skulls, cats, pumpkins, etc). Put a form on buttered baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on racks. Mix icing ingredients until smooth.
Spread on cooled cookies and decorate with colored sugars (black, purple, orange, red, green) or you can pipe designing with pastry bags.